It’s February, that means it’s time for LIGHTNING TALKS!
Lightning Talks are short talks about topics relevant to the community. Anyone can participate and it’s always a LOT of fun. Your Rails conductor this month is Anthony Lewis.
Section 1 (7-8PM)
- “Simplify your operations with orchestra”, Nathan Ladd, @realntl
- “React.js Real Quick (Pun Intended)”, Tim Tyrrell, @timtyrrell
- “The Best of Both Worlds: JSON in Postgres 9.4”, Chad Bailey, @chadbailey59
- “What I Learned Putting In Wood Floors and How It Applies to Development”, @randito
- “Firing the Asset Pipeline for your Single-Page App”, Brandon Hays, @tehviking
- “3 learning techniques to stay up-to-date with web technologies”, Alejo Rivera, @alejoriveralara
Section 2 (8-9PM)
- “Pry: greatest hits”, Patrick Mahoney, @patricknmahoney
- “Something about Clojure”, Nick McDonnough, @nickmcdonnough
- “Jekyll and Mr Blog”, Nola Stowe, @rubygeek
- “Everything The Bare Minimum You Always Wanted to Should Know About Database Indexes* (*But Didn’t Ask Until Your App Went Down)”, John Dalton, @johndalton
This meeting is sure to be a blast!
Also, don’t forget to RSVP to our Austin on Rails Web Developer SXSW Happy Hour today! Invite your web geek friends who will be in town to come hang out with us, have a few drinks, play some games, and chat web technology.